August 29, 2019
September 13th: Closing the Rural Broadband Gap
Closing the Rural Broadband Gap
The Petroleum Club of Anchorage
Although both government and private industry have made significant investments to improve communications infrastructure in rural Alaska, much of our state remains far behind in access to reliable, affordable, broadband internet service. On Friday, CWN will host a panel to discuss what has been done thus far, and what Alaska can do to close this technology gap. The discussion will include the potential of emerging technologies for enhancing broadband service to remote areas.
Our panel will include :
- Heather Handyside, Vice President of Corporate Communications and Community Engagement, GCI
- Vickie Kelly, Alaska Business Development Director, Leonardo DRS
- Christine O’Connor, Executive Director, Alaska Telecom Association
- Chuck Schumann, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Pacific Dataport
- Leonard Steinberg, Senior VP, Legal, Regulatory & Government Affairs, Alaska Communications
Thank you to our program sponsors!