Review of Proposed Constitutional Amendments and Possible Impacts on Long-Range State Budgets
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Online OMB Director, Neil Steininger and Legislative Office Director, Miles Baker will join the Fiscal Policy Study Group to discuss Governor Dunleavy’s proposed fiscal-related legislation and the impact of that legislation on long-term budgeting for the State of Alaska.
Reference Materials: A review of the following materials is recommended:
- Governor’s FY2022 Budget Proposal
- Ten Year Budget Projection
- SJR 5 – Constitutional Amendment re: Appropration Limit and Budget Reserve Fund
- SJR 6 – Constitutional Amendment re: Appropriations from the Permanent Fund and PFDs
- SJR 7 – Constitutioanl Amendment re: Prohibiting State Tax w/o Voter Approval
- SB 53 – Permanent Fund Advisory Vote
The program is free of charge but please register to receive login details. How to Zoom You can join us from any computer, smart phone, or tablet by clicking the link emailed to you after registration. If you plan to connect by tablet or smartphone, I recommend visiting Zoom.com prior to the program to download the app. You can watch this tutorial for more information.