Fiscal Policy Study Group
STATE OF ALASKA REVENUE OPTIONS – AN INTERACTIVE TOOL FOR ALASKANS
If you could design a solution for the State of Alaska’s revenue challenges, what would it look like? The aim of the Fiscal Policy Study Group is to develop an interactive tool that any (all!) Alaskans can use to do just that – develop their own solution to the State of Alaska’s revenue options.
Join the Fiscal Policy Study Group as we examine Alaska’s revenue options and develop an interactive tool for Alaskans to devise their own solutions to funding state government.
Sign up to receive notices here. Check this page often for upcoming sessions.
Date: Topic: Presenter: Documents:
June 12, 2020 Study Group Work Session
The study group will use published references from the State of Alaska as well as presentation materials from its study sessions to develop tools to model current and potential revenue sources for the state.
STATE OF ALASKA TAX REPORTS AND REVENUE PROJECTIONS
STUDY SESSION PRESENTATIONS AND MATERIALS
|May 8, 2020||State Revenue Update||Pat Pitney||Slide Deck|
|May 15, 2020||Community Perspectives on Taxation||Nils Andreassen|
|May 29, 2020||State Tax and Revenue Options||Colleen Glover|
Commonwealth North provides the following links to resources on state taxation policy. Commonwealth North does not endorse or advance any position by these organizations. The linked organization or resource material is simply for research and review by the Fiscal Policy Study Group.
TAXATION THINK TANKS
RECENT ALASKA REVENUE RESEARCH
- January 24, 2017 (Townsend begins at 3:30), Ralph Townsend, ISER
- New Sustainable Alaska Plan Presentation to House Finance on Individual Income Tax (HB250)
- What are the Implications of the Fiscal Options (ISER, 2017)
- Comparing the Distributional Impact of Revenue Options in Alaska (ITEP 2017)
- Short-Run Economic Impacts of Alaska Fiscal Options, (ISER, 2016)
PEER STATE RESOURCES
North Dakota State Tax Commissioner
South Dakota Department of Revenue
Wyoming Department of Revenue
PAST COMMONWEALTH NORTH REPORTS:
- The States Operating Budget: Critical Crossroads, Choices, and Opportunities (Update), Commonwealth North (2017)
- Long Term Economic Sustainability for the State of Alaska, Commonwealth North (January 2013)
- Glossary of State Budget Terms
- Summary Performance Measures by Department
- Alaska Legislature: Legislative Finance Division
page as we add more information.