Arctic Policy Study Group
Alaska’s Arctic and the New Great Power Competition
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
8:00 am – 9 am
Through increased economic and military activity, Russia and China continue to assert interest and presence in the Arctic. How then does the U.S. respond and what implications does that response have for Alaska’s Arctic region?
Please join Commonwealth North and our collaborators the Arctic Domain Awareness Center and The Polar Institute at The Wilson Center for a discussion about the implications of the New Great Power Competition for Alaska’s Arctic.
- Randy “Church” Kee, Maj Gen, USAF (Ret) (confirmed)Executive Director, Arctic Domain Awareness CenterUniversity of Alaska
- Michael Sfraga (confirmed)Director, Polar InstituteThe Wilson Center
- Shannon R. Jenkins (confirmed) Senior Arctic Advisor, Office of Arctic PolicyUnited States Coast Guard
- Michael J. Smith (confirmed) U.S. Customs and Border ProtectionDepartment of Homeland Security
- David W. Martin, Jr. (invited) Alaska CommandU.S. Air Force
REGISTRATION:The program is free of charge but please register to receive login details.